How the UK Green Deal Works
You can make energy-saving improvements to your home without having to pay all the costs up front through the Green Deal.
Energy saving improvements include:
- Insulation - e.g. loft or cavity wall insulation
- Double glazing
- Renewable energy technologies - e.g. solar panels
- Get an assessment of your property - this will tell you what improvements you can make and estimate how much you could save on your energy bills.
- Choose a Green Deal provider to carry out the work. You discuss with them what work you want done and whether the Green Deal is right for you.
- If you go ahead with the improvements you must sign your Green Deal Plan - this is a contract between you and the provider stating what work will be done and how much it will cost. The provider will then arrange for a Green Deal installer to do the work.
- Once the work is done, you pay off the money in instalments through your electricity bill
Contact Responders to Warmth to discuss your needs.